What's new ...
March 22th, 2012
TwainSource.setStringCapability(...) bug fixed
new getFrame/setFrame methods (Windows only)
Minor SANE bugfixes
OSX Lion compatibility fixed (Intel only version)
Morena 22.214.171.124 released
New FAQ with the common questions from the forum.
Fixed IBM JRE 1.5 AWT issue.
Morena MAC OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard compatibility test
Results: Passed with one restriction.
Beta version 0.6 of our new MorenaCapabilities library .
maskUnsupportedCapabilityException maskBadValueException methods now return the previous value.
Black/white color mode support added for SANE.
Forced AWT initialization for Java 1.6.10.
setFrame exception bug fixed.
Morena 6 product overview
Morena 6 is Image Acquisition Framework for Java™ Platform - a bridge between the image acquisition hardware (scanners, cameras) and Java™ world. To communicate with the hardware, it uses standard interfaces - Twain for MS Windows and Mac OS X and Sane for number of Unix platforms (AIX, BeOS, Darwin, FreeBSD, HP-UX, Linux, NetBSD, OpenBSD, OS2, Solaris, Unixware). It offers to developer an intuitive, unique and efficient API .
To incorporate scanning capability into your application, you can use very simple API instead of studying hundreds pages of specifications. In the simplest case you need to call just one method to acquire an image, but you can also set contrast, brightness, image frame or many other parameters if necessary.
To learn more about Morena try on-line our Morena Studio or Morena Capabilities examples. You can start as well with our tutorial .
See also ObjectiveTwain , the same functionality based on the same native core for Apple MacOS X/Cocoa environment.
Client side API: implementation of java.awt.image.ImageProducer.
Device side API:
- TWAIN (JNI),
- SANE (pure java via saned network protocol) - since version 6.2.
- SANE (JNI) - not available yet,
- WIA (JNI) - not available yet,
- ISIS (JNI) - not available yet,
- access to current value, default value and array of supported values for all capabilities of boolean, int, double and string type defined in TWAIN 1.9 specification,
- support for native and file transfer mode,
- support for automatic document feeder (ADF) and duplex scanners.
SANE support: access to current value and meta-info for all SANE driver options, predefined access methods for well-known options.
- Microsoft Windows (95 or later, NT or later) or Apple MacOS X (10.2 or later) operating system with Java2 JRE,
- proper version of Twain Source Manager and at least one Twain Source installed.
- any operating system with Java2 JRE,
- available server with saned daemon and at least one SANE backend installed.